Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Oak Park Peace Fair

On a cloudy Saturday afternoon, I helped table for MFSO-Chicago at the Oak Park Peace Fair. Many groups from the Chicago area had tables: Code Pink, The Green Party, several faith based Peace and Justice groups, Veterans Groups, etc. It was a bittersweet afternoon since I was finally able to meet Katy and Rosemarie in person. I have been "talking" to both for a while both on internet groups and by phone. Rosemarie's son was killed in a helicopter crash in Iraq and Katy's son was severely injured in Iraq in 2005. Our good friend Georgia from MFSO Wisconsin was a featured speaker. She was instrumental in House Calling several Illinois politicians during the DC phase of Operation House Call.

This will be "it" for a couple of weeks since I am preparing to leave town for a cabin in the woods...to watch the leaves turn beautiful colors and read tons of books that I have not had time to read in several months.

No comments: