Sunday, November 07, 2004

First Post

"War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn to live together in peace by killing each other's children"
James Earl Carter, 2002

And so I begin...with the thoughts of a former president who in his post- presidential life went on to seek peace and justice in his world. In the process, he won a Nobel Peace Prize. My goals are not as lofty.

I am a wife, and mother. I am also a peace activist who happens to have a child in the military: A military now involved in a war ordered by our politicians against a country that did not attack us first. The newspapers and history books tell me this has never happened before in our history.

There will be more later...as I have much to say.