Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Many families, mine included, will have empty places at the table this year. I, however, am more lucky than some since I can talk with my soldier by phone - even waking him up! Guess the Army doesn't require 05:30 PT on Thanksgiving! And he will be having a home cooked dinner with the family of a buddy.

It is a new and unsettling experience. I always spend time with my kids at the holidays, celebrating our family...and giving thanks.

For those families who have loved ones far from home, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May your day be truly blessed...and a phone call home would be nice too!

1 comment:

Best of Mobil's Jipzee Cab said...

I realize it's difficult for you to appreciate your son's service to his country when you don't share his patriotic choice about joining up. It is a very tough time..I went through it during the initial Iraq War as my son was there in the 3rd ID and up to his ears in the battle of Nazariah..Let's pray for your son's safe enlistment.
I can't let you get away with your initial posting saying about what "the history books and newspapers said" about our politicians making decisions.
The USA was not attacked first in the War Of 1812...it was not attacked first in the Mexican War..There is a lot of question about whether Spain actually had anything to do with the sinking of the "Battleship Maine" before the Spanish American War. We were not attacked before our involvement in World War I or Korea or Vietnam or Grenada or the Gulf War. In fact since the Revolution the only times we clearly were attacked
were the Civil War (Fort Sumpter at Charleston, SC), WWII (Pearl Harbor),and 9-11-01.
Again let's pray for your son's safe service.